Edgar's lilypie

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I am having a.....

BOY!!!!
Yep, we are having another baby boy. I went for my ultrasound on Tuesday and they told us. We are happy! We has only been thinking of girl names and so we are going to have to start thinking of boy names now. I am now 21 weeks pregnant. More than half way through. Yayyy! I am not big at all though. Maybe he is going to be a small baby.

In the middle of all the good news there is something kind of sad going on.
Daddy is really home sick. He wants to go to Mexico so bad, but he knows that we would not be comfortable over there and does not want to be separated from us. It makes me feel really sad for him and it makes me feel even sadder that this wonderful country can not give these people a chance. (I do not say these people in a negative way) I know that he is only here because of me and the kids, and if he had his way he would have been long gone. It makes me feel caught in the middle. I know that every time he talks to his mom she asks when are you coming and I know that does not help at all either. The thing is he only wants to go and visit. I guess I am a little insecure also. I know that he loves me, but I worry that if he goes he will meet someone else. I know I should not be like that, but all these people have told me all these horror stories about how the girls over there will basically throw themselves at him because they think that he has money and stuff. I don't know what to do nor what to think.
I personally do not want to live with his mother either. I love her to death, but I do not know how it would be living with her. I have some friends here and their mother in laws live with them and it is like they take over the kids and everything else. I am not for that. I carried them for 9 months and I would like to have a say in their lives. I do not mind sharing, but please do not try and take my spot and think that you can do it better than me.
He is going to try and hold out until his Visa appointment next year.
Maybe he is having a home sick day or few days. I hope, because I am not ready to give everything up just yet to go to Mexico. I will not have my baby in Mexico. Not being mean or anything, but he lives in the middle of no where! Nothing is there and I don't think it would be in the best interest of the kids. I have told him and told him I would go, but not to live in the middle of no where. I need to live where I can still work and provide for my kids. They have to be my main concern. I have to decide for them, they can not decide for themselves. I have to keep my family together. If only he lived in somewhat of a city- not in the middle of NOWHERE.

2 comments:

  1. Congrads on your baby boy!
    I think your husband is just a little bit home sick. Mexico is soooo laid back and FREE compared to the USA. I love living here, it has taken me 2 1/2 years to get to that state of mind! At first it was very difficult and I didnt like it at all. But it's not so bad now. Plus we live on the frontera, a boarder town. So I can go into the US and take care of everything that i need to! Plus if you wanted to work...it's much easier to make money working on the US side!
    I'm very fortunate that my mother in law is AWESOME! She didnt take care of my kids, unless we asked and I never asked! She did cook ALOT....and that is ok with me...because she taught me how to good VERY GOOD! Ask my hubby....i cant cook up some Mexican in a minute!
    We lived with the inlaws for about a year and half. WE had our own house above her house though. So we did have privacy to a certain extent.
    If your husband only has a year to wait for his appointment...that year is so worth it! Plus time will fly by after the baby is born. Good Luck with everything.
    Great to hear your pregnancy is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the cooking part, but you know let me decide for my kids. =) I don't mind help, but I don't want to feel like you are taking them away from me. Not saying she would out of trying to be mean, but trying to help.. you know.
    Oh yeah if he loved in the city and close to the border, so I could work in the US.. I would be long gone and this post would be different and coming from Mexico. =)
    Hopefully if we have to go- we will live in a bigger city that has atleast an AC. Tell you the truth the outside bath house (i call it bath house because it was a lot better than a wooden outhouse) was not that bad. But it was not the middle of winter either.

    ReplyDelete